Mediocre Media
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Go down

Avatar: The Last Airbender Empty Avatar: The Last Airbender

Post by Jkwaffle Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:29 am

How many of you guys have seen Avatar: The Last Airbender, and what do you guys think of it?

Personally, it's one of my favorite shows of all time. It has amazing characters, and tells what is essentially 2 stories, the journey of Aang and the journey of Zuko, and it does it so well.
Jkwaffle
Jkwaffle
Admin

https://mediocremedia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Avatar: The Last Airbender Empty Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender

Post by MinifigDesigner Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:39 am

I LOVE Avatar the Last Airbender, and despite not having seen it in forever, I still agree that it's one of the best shows I've seen.
MinifigDesigner
MinifigDesigner

Back to top Go down

Post by Jkwaffle Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:40 am

I got the whole series on DVD for Christmas, and I rewatched the whole thing in like, a week. I feel like every time I see it, I catch more and gain more appreciation for it each time.
Jkwaffle
Jkwaffle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MinifigDesigner Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:44 am

It's definitely a show that has re-watch value, there's so much to notice and find things you didn't see before. I think my favorite character to come from it is Ty Lee. Razz
MinifigDesigner
MinifigDesigner

Back to top Go down

Post by Jkwaffle Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:47 am

I was never a big fan of Ty lee, honestly. She seemed way too easy to manipulate and influence, and it kinda got on my nerves. Iroh will always be one of my favorites, although during this most recent watch-through, I think I appreciated Sokka more than I ever had before. I mean, I'd always liked him because he was funny and entertaining, but he actually has some really deep moments, and goes through a lot on their journey, and it's really amazing how he manages to cope with some of what he has to go through.
Jkwaffle
Jkwaffle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MinifigDesigner Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:50 am

I can understand that, I like her fighting style more than her personality. And yess, I don't think anyone who's watched Avatar doesn't like Iroh, he's such a well developed character. Sokka definitely goes through a lot of character development, but I honestly can't remember a ton, but I do appreciate him.
MinifigDesigner
MinifigDesigner

Back to top Go down

Post by Jkwaffle Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:52 am

I never really appreciated him as being a deep character till this time through the show, so I can totally understand how you might not appreciate him in that way, especially since it's been a while since you've seen the show. But next time you get around to seeing it, pay a bit more attention to Sokka's scenes. It's really amazing how much detail and emotion they add to him that you don't even notice right away.
Jkwaffle
Jkwaffle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Not-so-Evil Overlord Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:42 am

Sokka really is a very well done character. It's rare that someone can make the goofy comic relief character also be the smart guy of the team, and be someone who can be taken seriously most of the time. It really is quite spectacular.

Then, another aspect, which my brother has pointed out to me, is how well the showed handles being a kids show. The kids do things, all of which are completely reasonable for them to do... And the adults aren't worthless. Instead, the adults have some excellent characters, and everything that happens that makes it so they aren't doing most of the work makes perfect sense, and in some cases makes them cooler.

It's a very well done show, and I wish that Legend or Korra could say the same. Unfortunately, it's just not as good.
The Not-so-Evil Overlord
The Not-so-Evil Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad King James Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:37 pm

Much as I love the original - and I will say it's my preferred show, I have to say I also really liked the Legend of Korra. Except Book Two. We don't talk about Book Two.
Mad King James
Mad King James

http://starwarplay.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Not-so-Evil Overlord Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:34 pm

Ugh. Book Two was terrible. I've heard better things about Book Three, so I might watch it at some point. Book One wasn't bad at all though. Just not as good as the original. But then, when you have original starting material that good, it's hard to match it with sequels.
The Not-so-Evil Overlord
The Not-so-Evil Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post by Jkwaffle Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:39 pm

Part of me wants to try to watch Korra again, but I just don't know, I watched most of book one, but I just didn't really enjoy it that much, and everyone says Book 2 is absolutely terrible, and I already didn't like season 1. So I'm not sure if it's even worth trying to get back into.
Jkwaffle
Jkwaffle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GyrTaluk Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:08 am

I am glad to know that I am not alone in my dislike of Book 2.
GyrTaluk
GyrTaluk

Location : On the Kangaroo Island of Sodor in The House of Cards

http://steamcommunity.com/id/tango7/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad King James Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:36 am

The Not-so-Evil Overlord wrote:Ugh. Book Two was terrible. I've heard better things about Book Three, so I might watch it at some point. Book One wasn't bad at all though. Just not as good as the original. But then, when you have original starting material that good, it's hard to match it with sequels.

Books Three and Four were MUCH better than Book Two. And yeah, it'd be hard to sequel TLA, but I think LOK did a decent job.

Jkwaffle wrote:Part of me wants to try to watch Korra again, but I just don't know, I watched most of book one, but I just didn't really enjoy it that much, and everyone says Book 2 is absolutely terrible, and I already didn't like season 1. So I'm not sure if it's even worth trying to get back into.

Yeah, if you didn't like Book 1, then you probably wouldn't really like 3 or 4. Don't watch 2 AT ALL, if you do get back into Korra.

GyrTaluk wrote:I am glad to know that I am not alone in my dislike of Book 2.

Nobody likes it. I don't even think the producers really like it all that much - they made a whole season for some background info a couple of short arcs within a season could have handled.

Something else about Korra that kind of bothers me: they wrap up way too quickly, move too fast. TLA took three seasons for the entire plot to happen, for the one main bad guy to be defeated. LOK has a new baddie each season, although the one from Book 3 ties into Book 4 pretty well. The last two Books are much more TLA-esque than Book 1 for sure.
Mad King James
Mad King James

http://starwarplay.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum