Mediocre Media
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Books Becoming Movies: The Silmarillion

Go down

Books Becoming Movies: The Silmarillion Empty Books Becoming Movies: The Silmarillion

Post by Tater Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:06 pm

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/01/21/the-journey-to-middle-earth-is-not-over-could-peter-jackson-actually-get-the-rights-to-the-silmarillion-2609346?lt_source=external,manual

Alright, first off, just no. Please, don't make the Silmarillion into a movie. The way it was written was more of a history book and would be very hard to make into a movie that make sense. There were so many subplots and personal stories going on that Tolkien beautifully wove together to create the book.

While, a small part of me would love to see the characters brought to life, I'm so afraid that it would be ruined. There is no way this book could be wrapped up in three movies if they decided to do a trilogy. I think it's better left the way it is. The pure amount of characters that where brought in though out the book and with the times and switching back and forth from elves to elves to here. I think most people would get so wrapped up and forget what was going on. It can be a pretty difficult book to read, and sense there isn't that much dialogue, I think it'd be hard to really get it to work.

What about y'all? What do you think?
Tater
Tater

Back to top Go down