Mediocre Media
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official discussion area for star wars episode VII

+5
MinifigDesigner
Mad King James
Jkwaffle
Tater
Ackbard
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Official discussion area for star wars episode VII - Page 2 Empty Re: Official discussion area for star wars episode VII

Post by Rox in Sox Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:33 pm

Spoiler:
Rox in Sox
Rox in Sox

http://steamcommunity.com/id/gotta-get-a-grip/

Back to top Go down

Official discussion area for star wars episode VII - Page 2 Empty Re: Official discussion area for star wars episode VII

Post by The Not-so-Evil Overlord Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:50 am

Oh. People were putting things into spoilers. I'd been avoiding this entire topic until I watched it. But well... Spoiler time it is!

Spoiler:
The Not-so-Evil Overlord
The Not-so-Evil Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post by GyrTaluk Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:06 pm

I'm kinda going off of what JJ is saying, as he mentioned some things I was thinking as well.

Spoiler:
GyrTaluk
GyrTaluk

Location : On the Kangaroo Island of Sodor in The House of Cards

http://steamcommunity.com/id/tango7/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Not-so-Evil Overlord Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:43 pm

So, an interesting comment one of my friends made on Episode VII... He enjoyed it, but he hates it at the same time. Basically, he's saying it's nothing more than following a formula to suck the maximum amount of money out of Star Wars fans. Rather than creating something new.

An interesting theory, and I have to say... I think I might agree with him.
The Not-so-Evil Overlord
The Not-so-Evil Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy15 Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:28 am

The Not-so-Evil Overlord wrote:So, an interesting comment one of my friends made on Episode VII... He enjoyed it, but he hates it at the same time. Basically, he's saying it's nothing more than following a formula to suck the maximum amount of money out of Star Wars fans. Rather than creating something new.

An interesting theory, and I have to say... I think I might agree with him.

That's just a "oh big evil company likes money" theory. Episode VII had to feel familiar otherwise you'd have the same people whining that it "wasn't Star Wars". The plot is the same as IV to bring some comfort to fans who actually skipped the prequels (and there were many). They played it safe no denying it but it was more of a "look we don't want to ruin this or change Star Wars too quickly for you". For some a black stormtropper was too much, imagine the fallout if the plot was completely radical. I think now we have the intros out of the way and essentially the soft reboot is over they will start to explore new stories and new ideas that are yet to be revealed.

It's like the Star Trek films, the first new one was pretty safe and a nice intro to all the characters. It got us settled into things then the next one started to kick up the plot action a notch.
Roddy15
Roddy15

https://www.youtube.com/c/ElitelyGamers

Back to top Go down

Post by The Not-so-Evil Overlord Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:00 am

Hmm. I suppose that's possible. Even if playing it excessively safe. I guess the following movies will be the real sign as to where it's going.
The Not-so-Evil Overlord
The Not-so-Evil Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy15 Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:19 pm

The Not-so-Evil Overlord wrote:Hmm. I suppose that's possible. Even if playing it excessively safe. I guess the following movies will be the real sign as to where it's going.
If what is being told is true, Rogue One will be a dark, gritty and more serious movie that will be a departure from the PG nature of Star Wars. Vader will be cutting people up literally and using bodies as human shields according to the writer. So really it's unlikely Disney want to play it safe with a franchise that could be making even more money if they experiment a bit.

Meanwhile though VIII filming has begun:
Roddy15
Roddy15

Back to top Go down

Post by The Not-so-Evil Overlord Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:19 am

Dark and gritty? ... I can't really say I'm a fan of them going that route either. I'd have much preferred a new storyline, bringing in maybe some cool new things... While still having the same fun feel that Star Wars has to it. Well... Time to see how well they pull this one off...
The Not-so-Evil Overlord
The Not-so-Evil Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy15 Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:05 pm

The Not-so-Evil Overlord wrote:Dark and gritty? ... I can't really say I'm a fan of them going that route either. I'd have much preferred a new storyline, bringing in maybe some cool new things... While still having the same fun feel that Star Wars has to it. Well... Time to see how well they pull this one off...

Vader is apparently using bodies (of the dead) as shields, cutting limbs and doing other things. He's obviously very angry at this point though in his life so I can see why the writer wants to depict a very brutish Vader, far from the refined villain that he becomes in IV.

It's also rumoured to be a sort of heist film, obviously though since it's "stealing" plans.
Roddy15
Roddy15

Back to top Go down

Post by The Not-so-Evil Overlord Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:18 am

Ahhh... Okay, that would explain it. And I'm actually fine with them showing Vader before he gained the sort of control that he had in Episode IV. Especially since it really is quite the change from Anakin to Vader. So, an angry and out of control Vader? Yeah... That would be a rather dark sort of story.
The Not-so-Evil Overlord
The Not-so-Evil Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2