Mediocre Media
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime Discussion

+5
Harold
Ackbard
Rox in Sox
GyrTaluk
MinifigDesigner
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Anime Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Anime Discussion

Post by MinifigDesigner Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:51 pm

I've heard Death Note's has pretty good actors, but I've only watched the last episode in dub.

Just to give some contrast, I think one of the worst dubs out there is Clannad's.
MinifigDesigner
MinifigDesigner

Back to top Go down

Post by GyrTaluk Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:41 am

Jkwaffle wrote:Yu Yu Hakusho is a fantastic dub, and is personally my favorite anime in general.

Thanks for the recommendation, I will definitely check that out!

MinifigDesigner wrote:I've heard Death Note's has pretty good actors, but I've only watched the last episode in dub.

Just to give some contrast, I think one of the worst dubs out there is Clannad's.

Yeah, Death Note's one I'm going to have to watch at some point. Though I worry that the voices won't match up well to what I imagined with the manga.
GyrTaluk
GyrTaluk

Location : On the Kangaroo Island of Sodor in The House of Cards

http://steamcommunity.com/id/tango7/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jkwaffle Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:08 pm

Watched the first 2 episodes of The Devil is A Part Timer, was pretty funny, probably gonna keep watching.
Jkwaffle
Jkwaffle
Admin

https://mediocremedia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Harold Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:30 am

Yo, has anyone seen Kill La Kill? Watched the first episode. It's.. I don't know. I like it. Razz

Thoughts?
Harold
Harold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm

Nop, never heard of that one. Razz
Tater
Tater

Back to top Go down

Post by GyrTaluk Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:25 pm

Jkwaffle wrote:Watched the first 2 episodes of The Devil is A Part Timer, was pretty funny, probably gonna keep watching.

I did the same with a friend a few months back. I just haven't gotten around to continuing it. Sad
GyrTaluk
GyrTaluk

Back to top Go down

Post by GyrTaluk Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:35 pm

Harold wrote:Yo, has anyone seen Kill La Kill? Watched the first episode. It's.. I don't know. I like it. Razz

Thoughts?

That show is so over-the-top. I personally love it. I'm approaching the end right now; I can tell the plot's wrapping up, lots of secrets are being revealed, the final battle is going down, but there's a good four or so more episodes to go. I don't know how much more is in store but I guess I'll see.

I'd definitely recommend it, but also advise discretion. The show's definitely for older audiences, but it is so much fun. The best way to describe it is there's so much fanservice, I no longer see it as fanservice. In other (specifically Latin) words, fanservice ad absurdum. In fact, pretty much everything else ad absurdum as well, while they're at it.
GyrTaluk
GyrTaluk

Back to top Go down

Post by Flushy Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:24 pm

I know Em has seen it and loves it. Kill la kill is on my "to watch list" but I haven't gotten around to it. Razz
Flushy
Flushy

Back to top Go down

Post by MinifigDesigner Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:32 pm

Ohh, I watched Kill la Kill last year, its a ton of fun. As Gyr said, it's very over the top, and somehow continues to build up hype right to the very end. I loved the ost and action, plus the characters are pretty awesome despite following their archetypes to the letter.

I'd defs recommend it, but if you don't like seeing a lot of skin (although nothing explicit is shown) then it might deter you a bit.
MinifigDesigner
MinifigDesigner

Back to top Go down

Post by Jkwaffle Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:14 am

I really need to watch more. I've gotten a decent way through The Devil Is A Part Timer, probably gonna finish that up and then try to move onto something else.
Jkwaffle
Jkwaffle
Admin

https://mediocremedia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Harold Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:44 pm

@Gyr: Ah. And yeah, I gotcha. =P

@Flush: Hm, I'll ask 'em about it Razz

@MD: Yeah. Noted. =P

Harold
Harold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:02 pm

So, i did end up watching Bleach, and honestly, the best part of Bleach would be the Espada and Soul Reapers.
Other then two of the main characters, Orihime and Uryu, I could do without the other two main ones. Over all, Bleach, if you think about it, is actaully somewhat profound. Though, the fights can be quite perdictable, but on the up side, you see ALOT of character growth/development.
Tater
Tater

Back to top Go down

Post by GyrTaluk Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:42 pm

I've seen a few episodes of Bleach and it never really grabbed me. Out of curiousity, does it have any issues with filler like Naruto and Dragonball do?
GyrTaluk
GyrTaluk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:05 pm

Gyr: Yeah the first episodes are meh, I felt the same way when i first started, but when ya get to a certain arc and start learning about Soul Reapers it kinda grabs you, then the whole Espada arc is just yesh but it takes forever to get there.

As for fillers, other then maybe one or two episodes or so, there are two major filler arcs, I didn't even watch one of them cause I was just like no...

The Bleach movies though are all really good.

Some of the stuff in Bleach can get pretty deep if you think about it. If you can stick through most of the episodes and the unbearable classic hero gets beat, does training and can suddenly beat the bad guys that the other good guys who are more powerful then the hero, can't even beat, its totally worth it.

After awhile the art changes for, like after a few epeisodes you'll notes differenaces in the hair and such. And the dub version, the voices sound alot better as the series goes on.

There is alot of backstory as well ya gotta get through like there generally is.

But yeah! totes worth it imo if you wanna stick it out. I'm not finished with it, but yeah. Imo there is also alot of character growth as well. Which is AWESOME.
Tater
Tater

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2