Mediocre Media
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild Wars 2

3 posters

Go down

Guild Wars 2 Empty Guild Wars 2

Post by The Not-so-Evil Overlord Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:02 pm

The MMOG that has successfully run with the business model of a normal game. No subscription fee, buy the game, and then play it.

So. Expansion just (as in, today) got announced for it. Definitely a level 80 expansion, but it definitely looks like it could be interesting, as they're adding class specializations, and then a mastery system, which screams "level 80 advancement." Not to mention a new class, guild halls in the level 80 area, and guild vs guild... In short, this all sounds to me like the most freaking awesome advancement to Guild Wars 2 ever. Apparently portions of it will be available to play at PAX East too, so, this sounds like it might come out as soon as April.

So, yeah. I'm definitely excited about this. And, well, any of you guys who play it, and aren't level 80... We've got a double XP weekend right now, so now's an excellent time to advance with that. (And also, I've got cBm in my friend's list, but if anyone else here plays it, and I didn't know, let me know so I can add you...)
The Not-so-Evil Overlord
The Not-so-Evil Overlord

Back to top Go down

Guild Wars 2 Empty Re: Guild Wars 2

Post by Jkwaffle Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:32 pm

I really need to play more GW2. It's a fun game, I just have a hard time sitting down and getting into it.
Jkwaffle
Jkwaffle
Admin

https://mediocremedia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Not-so-Evil Overlord Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:41 pm

Definitely. And once you get high enough level to start doing dungeons, and manage to do them regularly with guildies and the like it's a lot better.
The Not-so-Evil Overlord
The Not-so-Evil Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post by Flushy Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:13 am

What server do you guys play on? It's been a while since I've touched GW2, but if I have someone to encourage me to level up I might actually get back into it. Razz
Flushy
Flushy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Not-so-Evil Overlord Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:39 pm

I'm on Tarnished Coast. A character name so you can find me and add me... Egbert the Erudite. (Said character happens to be my avatar on this forum actually. Holding a banner.)
The Not-so-Evil Overlord
The Not-so-Evil Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post by The Not-so-Evil Overlord Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:45 pm

All right, so, we currently have three people who play. You guys want to work out a time to play together?

I currently have 3 level 80s, a level 50, and a level 24 available, and I'd be happy to use any of them.
The Not-so-Evil Overlord
The Not-so-Evil Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post by The Not-so-Evil Overlord Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:56 pm

Well, some light has been shed on some of the upcoming changes with the Heart of Thorns expansion. In particular, trait changes and specializations.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/specializations-part-one-a-primer/
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/specializations-part-two-reward-tracks-and-elite-specializations/

Then they had a livestream that was about four hours long. Here's a link I got to some notes on it though: (Disclaimer, I know absolutely nothing about this site. I was just linked to it and read this page.) http://dulfy.net/2015/04/24/gw2-specializations-ama-livestream-notes/
The Not-so-Evil Overlord
The Not-so-Evil Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post by The Not-so-Evil Overlord Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:15 pm

The core trait changes will be released on Tuesday. So, if you get on after then... Be braced. Traits will be very different.

Specializations of course, are still waiting until HoT. Which is now available for prepurchase.
The Not-so-Evil Overlord
The Not-so-Evil Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post by Jkwaffle Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:18 pm

I really need to get back on at some point, it's been forever. At this point I'd have to completely relearn the game.
Jkwaffle
Jkwaffle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Not-so-Evil Overlord Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:22 pm

Well, given how big of a change some of these things are, it might not be a bad time to go for it. Everyone is still figuring stuff out.
The Not-so-Evil Overlord
The Not-so-Evil Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post by Jkwaffle Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:06 pm

If you wanna give me a time you can play, I guess I can hop back on and play if you're willing to either make a new character or have a really low level character, cause I believe all of mine are very low level.
Jkwaffle
Jkwaffle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Not-so-Evil Overlord Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:17 pm

At this point in time all my character slots are filled up. (Until character slots go on sale that is... Then I'm buying three.) My lowest level is a level 30. But he hasn't done that much stuff running around the map, so, he could still run with you, if you don't mind him being a bit overpowered.
The Not-so-Evil Overlord
The Not-so-Evil Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post by The Not-so-Evil Overlord Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:22 pm

This is rather late, but, if any of you are interested, GW2 with their expansion coming out, have tweaked their business model a bit. The most recent expansion that they sell? It'll come with the core game, and previous expansions (This expansion is their first one though, so, currently it'd just come with the core game.). The core game now though... It's free to play, with some restrictions. The link below holds more details.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/play-for-free-today/

If any of you think that you'd end up doing the World vs World PvP mode (big armies of players fighting each other basically. There's some smaller sided work that can be done though.) the server (world) I'm in is Tarnished Coast. If you don't think you'd ever touch WvW, then it won't matter at all. But, yeah. If you think you would want to play it, and you want to be able to play it with me... Then you'll want to join Tarnished Coast if you can. It might, unfortunately, be full still. (Though it really shouldn't be, due to various difficulties going on within the server. We've lost a lot of people. I can go into more details if you really want me to.)
The Not-so-Evil Overlord
The Not-so-Evil Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down