Mediocre Media
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Music

+3
Ackbard
Flushy
Tater
7 posters

Go down

General Music  Empty General Music

Post by Tater Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:11 pm

Metal, Country (By that, I mean REAL country music), Pop/Country (that's what it mostly is now days anyway. Razz ) Pop, Dubstep, Classical, Rock, Rap, *goes on the list of genres of music*
So, yeah, what do you think about the different types? Why do you like one genre but then not really like another? What draws you to the wonderful world of music?
Tater
Tater

Back to top Go down

General Music  Empty Re: General Music

Post by Flushy Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:14 pm

It's all about that Classic Rock. Those awesome guitar riffs and drum solos, don't forget about the bass either. Razz
Flushy
Flushy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ackbard Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:30 pm

flushy: It's all about that bass.
Ackbard
Ackbard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jkwaffle Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:39 pm

I do agree with Flushy that Classic Rock is really great, but I also like some modern rock, a bit of country here and there, and pop when I'm in the mood for it.
Jkwaffle
Jkwaffle
Admin

https://mediocremedia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MinifigDesigner Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:45 am

I'm generally into punk, pop, rock, and indie. I enjoy lots of orchestral and movie/game/show osts too. Razz

Right now, my favorite artists/bands are Florence + The Machine, My Chemical Romance, Paramore, Marina and the Diamonds, Adrian von Ziegler, and possibly others I might be forgetting.
MinifigDesigner
MinifigDesigner

Back to top Go down

Post by The Not-so-Evil Overlord Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:03 am

I'm a classical music guy, but I also like the non-rock "epic music" genre, with groups like Two Steps From Hell, Future World Music, and the like. Then, I also like listening to hymns... Provided it's not just being twisted to show off someone's voice. Then I can't stand it. (And naturally, there's some hymns out there that I don't like.)
The Not-so-Evil Overlord
The Not-so-Evil Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post by GyrTaluk Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:24 pm

I like a wide variety of music, and what typically draws me to a particular piece is the quality of the music. I'd say there are two types of music I listen to: The more artistic, emotional, kind; and the fun kind. Keep in mind that those two categories are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

What I've realized recently is that I tend to listen to music in phases. Over certain periods of time, I'll focus mainly on one genre. Back in the day, I would listen exclusively to Christian Rock before switching over to Classic Rock for many years. Then I started looking into more contemporary stuff like Coldplay. When Dubstep became popular, I hopped on that bandwagon for a bit, and then discovered electronic music in general. After watching Cowboy Bebop, I listened to a lot of Jazz and Blues. Last summer I got really into modern synth and electro pop. Most recently I've been immersed in Vaporwave, but I think I'm beginning to leave that now for some music that I'm not quite sure how to categorize yet (perhaps late 90s/early 00s Chill/Indie Instrumental?). Throughout it all, I've listened to a fair bit of orchestral music, usually classical or film/videogame scores, but also military marches and the music of various brass ensembles.

I still hold on to the music I don't listen to much anymore, I just tend to focus on one particular style at a time, occasionally looking back at what I used to listen to.
GyrTaluk
GyrTaluk

Location : On the Kangaroo Island of Sodor in The House of Cards

http://steamcommunity.com/id/tango7/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tater Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:47 pm

Gyr: I know what ya mean by fazes, I do that myself.

I'll actaully listen to just about anything other then a whole lot of rap, dubstep or pop.

What I'm really after most the time with music is inspiration for my art or stories.
But, I mostly lean more toward country (sometimes classic), pop/country, metal, death metal, orchestra, maybe a little punk, some rock, (but not classic rock), and alternative. Soundtracks are really awesome too.
Tater
Tater

Back to top Go down

Post by Flushy Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:08 pm

Since you don't listen to classic rock, but you do listen to death metal. Do you listen to Black Sabbath? Razz
Flushy
Flushy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ackbard Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:49 pm

JJS: hey! you like two steps from hell too?
Ackbard
Ackbard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down