Mediocre Media
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Comic Discussion

3 posters

Go down

General Comic Discussion Empty General Comic Discussion

Post by Rox in Sox Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:46 pm

Here's the place to talk about your favorite and/or least favorite comics. From DC, to Marvel, to just about anything else.

To start, what are your most favorite comics to read? And what comic are you currently reading, if any?
Rox in Sox
Rox in Sox

http://steamcommunity.com/id/gotta-get-a-grip/

Back to top Go down

General Comic Discussion Empty Re: General Comic Discussion

Post by Jkwaffle Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:41 am

I don't really do much actual comic reading, even though I enjoy a lot of the comic universes.

I did used to read The Walking Dead comic back when I had a place to read it online, I liked the comic better than the show.
Jkwaffle
Jkwaffle
Admin

https://mediocremedia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rox in Sox Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:30 pm

I finally found a great place to download comics from, recently. (That's the reason why I made this topic. Razz ) I got myself a whole bunch of Batman comics, including some essential ones recommended by the public. I finished reading The Killing Joke two days ago, and it really is as good as people say it is.

I heard they're animating it sometime next year, speaking of which. They're even getting Mark Hammil to voice the Joker. So I'm personally excited for that.

I have also downloaded a couple of comics starring Deadpool, but I'm willing to check out other Marvel comics as well. So if anyone here is an expert that can recommend me something, go right ahead.

And speaking of the Walking Dead, I didn't really go far with it, but I'm pretty sure they have it too. So I will definitely continue reading it whenever I feel like it.
Rox in Sox
Rox in Sox

Back to top Go down

Post by The Not-so-Evil Overlord Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:23 pm

Do webcomics count? Because I read a lot of those. No actual physical comics though. ... Since Bionicle ended that is. XD
The Not-so-Evil Overlord
The Not-so-Evil Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post by Rox in Sox Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:58 pm

Yes, webcomics definitely count. Razz

Ah, the good old Bionicle comic days... I wonder if someone out there has them stored too.
Rox in Sox
Rox in Sox

Back to top Go down

Post by The Not-so-Evil Overlord Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:18 pm

Webcomics... Where to start... Schlock Mercenary is the biggest one I read. Daily, started in 2000. But very good. Its a Sci-fi one, following a mercenary company. Highly recommended.
My all time favorite one though, is currently Not A Villain, which is in a post apocalyptic world, where people spend most of their time in virtual reality. Great story, and good characters.
... I could likely go on for a while, but I'll just leave it at that for now.

I started getting them (Bionicle comics) right when the Toa Inika line had shifted to the underwater versions. Sadly though, my first LEGO magazine didn't come with the first issue in that line. But starting from the second issue, I have all of the Bionicle comics stashed somewhere. It really was a very good story for a children's toy.
The Not-so-Evil Overlord
The Not-so-Evil Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post by Rox in Sox Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:08 am

I wasn't really into webcomics since I didn't know any good ones, until I discovered Gone With the Blastwave this year. Some of you perhaps heard about it, since it seems like it has spawned quite a lot of fans.

It's about these two soldiers who got lost during a nuclear war trying to find a way out of the city they're currently in. Sadly, the whole comic is rather short compared to most other webcomics, and unfortunately, yet funny enough, the story ended a couple weeks before I found out about it. However, the comic's quality and humor make up for that, and I personally think the way they ended it is just great. (Careful not to spoil it yourself though, since the homepage starts off with the last part by default.) I really enjoyed it, and I strongly recommend it.

The ones you've mentioned sound interesting, especially the latter, so I'll be sure to check them out eventually.

As for Bionicle, I've been getting all the comics since "Day 1" up until the beginning of 2004, when sadly, I had to quit my LEGO Magazine subscription. I wonder if they brought back the comics along with the theme's revival. Although like the theme itself, I'm sure it just isn't the same as it was before.

On that note, I miss the old LEGO Magazine as well. Back when the LEGO Maniac and the Great Redini were still around. Those were the days.
Rox in Sox
Rox in Sox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down